Lower Saxony has maintained friendly, international relationships with states and regions worldwide for many years. Globalization links the living conditions of all people.
Climate change, dwindling resources, flight and migration are challenges that concern us all. They can only be solved through joint responsibility through dialogue “at eye level”.
The state government is consequently expanding international cooperation and development policy engagement.
The internationally recognized business, trade fair and science location combines highly developed industrial locations with agricultural regions.
It is against this background that our federal state maintains numerous partnerships:
- in Poland with the voivodeships of Lower Silesia and Greater Poland,
- in France with Normandie,
- in Russia with Perm and Tjumen,
- in China with the Province of Anhui,
- in Japan with the Prefecture of Tokushima,
- in South Africa with Eastern Cape Province
- and a project-partnership with Tanzania.
- Lower Saxony enjoys particularly close cooperation with the Netherlands along the shared border.
Lower Saxony would like to contribute to the implementation of the UN Sustainable Development Goals with the activities within the framework of this partnership and to support a prospect of staying on site.
30169 - Hannover