Cités Unies France «Rencontres» of the International action of local authorities
The 12th edition of the «Rencontres» “The international action of local authorities in the heart of global issues – engagements and solutions for climate” will be organised on 29 June in Paris Cité des Sciences et de l’Industrie.
Global climate challenges impact us more and more in our local way of life and bring us, elected authorities, to rethink our social organization, to produce a transversal approach, to be able to define the problem at all levels of public policy. The international action of our local authorities is obviously very much concerned. International action is essential for the process of sharing and developing solutions, solutions that will enable us to cope with these challenges in order to be more respectful of our environment. We have to increase our own responsibility for Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs), of which territorial implementation is already acknowledged.
This year, CUF’s “Rencontres” offer to explore these main themes:
- Is climate change responsible for a new world crisis?
- Is climate change ‘gendered’?
- How is the youth mobilized on climate issues?
- How to pursue work on the Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs)?
- How to strengthen territorial animation of the local authorities’ international