FEMP Webinar – Building alliances for a global citizenship
9.30 Welcome and presentation
– Carlos Daniel Casares. Secretary General (FEMP)
– Magdy Martínez Solimán. Director (AECID)
9.45 The transforming value of Education for Development and Global Citizenship
- Pilar Debén (AECID)
- Amandine Sabourin, Project Officer (Platforma)
- Juana López Pagán, Head of the International Area (FEMP)
- Irene Ortega, Vocal EdCG (Coordinadora ONGD España)
10.30 Local contributions from Education for Global Citizenship to address the COVID-19 crisis
- Barcelona Provincial Council
- Aviles City Council
- Cáceres City Council
- Granollers City Council
- St. Boi de Llobregat City Council
- Soria City Council
- Toledo City Council
• To value the role of Education for Global Citizenship (EGC) as an instrument to generate a critical, responsible, and committed citizenship in the face of the global and multi-sectoral crisis caused by the COVID-19 pandemic and the prevention of future ones.
• Promote the creation of strategic alliances to strengthen territorial (EGC) processes.
• Recognize the decentralized cooperation carried out by local governments as an ideal scenario for the promotion of GCE.
• Share good practices and lessons learned from (EGC).
The conference is aimed at public officials and municipal technical staff who work in the fields of international cooperation, education, or social integration.
By the Spanish Federation of Municipalities and Provinces – FEMP -, together with the Agencia Española de Cooperación Internacional para el Desarrolo – AECID, Coordinadora de ONGD España and PLATFORMA.
With Several Mayors of important spanish and european cities.
Check the full programme.