Forum de la coopération au développement des Nations Unies
The 2012 Development Cooperation Forum (DCF) meets as development cooperation is in flux. Different actors and new ways of doing things are gaining in importance. A fortnight after the Rio+20 conference, there is broad agreement that development has to be economically, socially and environmentally sustainable. This is important three years before 2015, the target date for the MDGs, when the United Nations Development Agenda for the coming years is being defined.
At the same time, political uncertainty and economic hardship continue to dominate many development scenarios around the globe. Prospects for development cooperation are highly uncertain. Hard-won development gains continue to be derailed by the ongoing crises.
The 2012 DCF will address a few issues where it can advance common understanding among countries and stakeholders to help international negotiations and spur country-level progress.
- Aid quantity, sources and allocation
- Mutual accountability and aid transparency
- Policy coherence
- Aid to mobilize other development finance
- Impact of the sustainable development concept on development cooperation
- South-South and triangular cooperation
- Decentralized cooperation
- Aid to promote gender equality
- Private philanthropic organizations in development cooperation
- The evolving development cooperation architecture
More information on the event webpage.