It’s time to select the winners of the first PLATFORMAwards!
On Tuesday 1st February, members of the jury of the PLATFORMAwards will meet to select the best projects of city to city and region to region development cooperation. For this first edition, PLATFORMA has received 25 applications, representing 42 decentralised cooperation projects from 75 local and regional governments from 30 different countries!
Twelve projects have been shortlisted by the PLATFORMA secretariat and it is now time for the jury to select the three best partnerships. The three finalists will win a study trip to Brussels’ European district with their project counterpart, a one-year access to the PLATFORMA network and international visibility.
The first prize winner will be rewarded during a ceremony on 21 March 2018 in Brussels with the production of a video to promote its cooperation project (video value fixed at €10,000).
The twelve shortlisted projects (sorted by alphabetical order) are:
- Barcelona Province (Spain)-Union of Municipalities of Al Sahel (Lebanon)
- Bremen (Germany)-Durban (South Africa)
- Capannori (Italy)-Tunis (Tunisia)
- Edegem (Belgium)-San Jerónimo (Peru)
- Inca (Spain)-Telpaneca (Nicaragua)
- Ixelles (Belgium)-Zababdeh (Palestine)
- Loures (Portugal)-Maio (Cape Verde)
- Nouvelle-Aquitaine (France)-Plateau Central (Burkina Faso)
- Panevezys (Lithuania)-Ialoveni (Moldova)
- Roeselare (Belgium)-Dogbo (Benin)
- Växjö (Sweden)-JB Marks (South Africa)
- Zoersel (Belgium)-Bohicon (Benin)
The jury of the PLATFORMAwards is composed by:
- François Decoster, Vice-chair of the Commission for Citizenship, Governance, Institutional and External affairs (CIVEX), European Committee of the Regions
- Gemma Aguado, Programme Analyst, UNDP ART initiative, United Nations Development Programme (UNDP) (on behalf of Johannes Krassnitzer, Coordinator)
- Linda McAvan, Member of the European Parliament, Chair of the Committee on Development (DEVE)
- Marite Moras, Head of Unit, Co-operation and External Relations Department, Congress of Local and Regional Authorities, Council of Europe (on behalf of Andreas Kiefer, Secretary General)
- Bogdan Wenta, Member of the European Parliament, Coordinator in the Committee on Development (DEVE)
- Frédéric Vallier, Secretary General of the Council of European Municipalities and Regions (Jury Chair)
Discover the pictures of the jury meeting.