CALM is an apolitical organization and was registered as a non-commercial association on 10 May 2010. Its purpose is to represent all local authorities of Moldova. CALM is constituted by territorial administrative units organized under the law as towns and villages and by their professional associations. This level of membership provides both capacity and political consolidation.
CALM is a major partner in the negotiations on decentralisation, providing effective support to local authorities and full participation in the network of local governments in Europe. The challenges faced are shared and can be better addressed by local authorities through a joint effort in which the common interest is the ulterior motivation. Cooperation can intervene before conflict. In this respect, unity in action of CALM provides all local authorities and their associations a unique opportunity to protect their legitimate rights and interests, and as a source of support based on their needs and priorities.
CALM was established to reflect the commitment of all local authorities to follow the spirit and principles of partnership and good governance as stipulated in the European Charter of Local Self-Government, and to show that local democracy and community interests can be brought by consensus based on mutual respect.
- CDM - NALAS EU fund raising, Validation Workshop, Ohrid, Macedonia, 20-21. 06. '17 // Press ReleasesThe project "Capacity Building Measures of the Network of Associations of Local Authorities of South-East Europe, NALAS", enables utilization, i.e.... Read more »
- Report: Benchmarking on Solid Waste Management in South-East Europe 2015 // Press ReleasesThis Report has been prepared by the members of the Task Force on Solid Waste and Water Management (TF SWWM)... Read more »
- Guide to Raising Awareness at Municipal Level // Press ReleasesRenovating and refurbishing the building stock in Europe is an enormous task that cannot be shouldered by public investment only.... Read more »
- Report: How to Improve Investment Climate at Local Level // Press ReleasesThis report is developed within the Project EmBuild - Empower public authorities to establish a long-term strategy for mobilizing investment... Read more »
- New edition of the Fiscal Decentralisation Indicators Report (2006-2015) // Press ReleasesThis is the sixth edition of the Report, as an ongoing effort to provide policy–makers and analysts with reliable comparative... Read more »
- Sustainable water management on the agenda of SEE Mayors // Press ReleasesThe XII General Assembly of NALAS this year takes place within the annual Danube Water Conference (17-19 May 2017, Vienna,... Read more »
- SUSTAINABLE WATER MANAGEMENT ON THE AGENDA OF SEE MAYORS // Press ReleasesVienna, 16 May 2017 – The XII General Assembly of the Network of Associations of Local Authorities of South-East Europe... Read more »
- Governing Board of ALDA meets in Toruń, Poland // NewsOn 11 May 2017, the Governing Board of ALDA met in Toruń, Poland.... Read more »Powered by: RSS Feed News Blocks