The National Association of Local Authorities of Georgia (NALAG) is a non-governmental, nonprofit and non-political organization which unites all entities of local self-governance. It cooperates with many international organizations and European unions of local authorities
The main objectives of NALAG are:
- To defend interests of local self-government bodies at the national and international level;
- To promote development of local democracy in Georgia;
- To cooperate with the central authorities on decentralization issues;
- To provide competent services to the member self-government authorities;
- To promote raising the qualification level of civil servants and elected officials at the self-government entities and secure social guarantees;
- To identify problems of the local self-governance and interconnect local self-government bodies, generalize or introduce the existing practical experience and achievements.