At EDD18, don’t miss the Global Village City Hall!
For the second year, PLATFORMA & CEMR joined forces with AIMF, CLGF, UCLG and UCLG-Africa to represent local and regional governments at the European Development Days 2018 (EDD18). The five European Commission strategic partners are waiting for you in the Global Village City Hall, stand 68.
“Empowering women, improving global decision-making”, this is the common message chosen by the five biggest associations of local and regional governments active in development cooperation for this 12th edition of the European Development Days dedicated to “Women and girls at the forefront of sustainable development”.
On the largest stand format, the five partners are presenting together their activities on how to protect, empower and invest in women and girls at the local level.
- PLATFORMA presents its publication with AFCCRE on “Promoting gender equality – Towards a gender-based approach in decentralised cooperation projects”
- The Association of Francophone Mayors (AIMF) is introducing its Award for francophone women (Prix AIMF de la Femme francophone) and its initiatives with the Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation and the City of Paris.
- The Commonwealth Local Government Forum (CLGF) showcases the network for Commonwealth Women in local Government (ComWLG) aims at supporting more women to get involved in local government as politicians and practitioners, and to increase the influence of women in local decision making.
- United Cites and Local Governments (UCLG) is promoting its #BeCounted campaign to get more women elected at local level.
- United Cites and Local Governments of Africa (UCLG-Africa) is broadcasting the activities of the Network of local elected women in Africa (REFELA).
In 2015, the European Commission signed a strategic partnership agreement with these five associations of local and regional governments active in development cooperation. Local and regional authorities’ expertise is an asset to implement the EU international agenda, in particular women’s empowerment and gender equality as transversal dimension of sustainable development, local governance, climate change and economic growth.
Attend our sessions!
- 5 June
9:30-10:45, B1 Brainstorming lab: Culture for development: Women as agents of change, with UCLG and UCLG Africa
9:30-10:45, D4 Lab debate: Leaders of change in the Maghreb: Promoting female leadership in the Maghreb, with AIMF
09:30-10:45, S3 Project lab, Fighting violence against women from a multistakeholder approach, with Aexcid
16.00-17.30, M2 (Small Meeting Room 2): PLATFORMA is presenting CONNECT mechanism
- 6 June
10:45-12:00, D6 Lab Debate: Empowerment of women traumatized by severe sexual violence in Northern Iraq, with PLATFORMA
10:45-12:00, D7 Special Event, Cultural Heritage and Creativity through Women’s Lens, with UCLG and UCLG Africa
11:30-13:00, A2 High-level panel – Auditorium, Cities for girls and young women = cities for all, with PLATFORMA, Plan International, UN HABITAT and UCLG Africa
14:45-16:00, S1 Project lab: Empowerment of Women: the case of the National Commission for Lebanese Women, with ALDA