COP22: How to finance local actions?
Most of the investments to implement climate actions will be undertaken by towns and regions, but they often lack the necessary financial means. On 17 November, CEMR, PLATFORMA and further partners including UCLG, are organising a session to discuss opportunities for funding for local government while involving other stakeholders (civil society, research, etc.).
Follow the event live online from 16.45 to 18.15 (Brussels time 17.45-19.15).
Speakers will include:
- Mohammed Sadiki, Mayor of Rabat
- Wael Hmaidan, Director of CAN-International Secretariat
- Claire Charbit, Deputy Head of the Regional Development Policy Division of the Public Governance and Territorial Development Directorate, OECD
- Pierre Ducret, I4CE President and Special Advisor for climate change, Caisse des Dépôts Group
- André Pouilles, Directeur du Département des Appuis Transversaux, Agence Française de Développement (AFD)
- Frédéric Vallier, CEMR secretary general