Euskal Fondoa organised its General Assembly
Euskal Fondoa, an Association that currently brings together 115 Cooperating Basque Local Entities, has celebrated its XXIVth ordinary General Assembly in Vitoria-Gasteiz on 22 September.
During the General Assembly, the balance of activities for the year corresponding to 2019 has been made, which basically consisted of:
- Coordination and promotion of Basque municipal cooperation for development, as well as its representation in different inter-institutional forums and networks at the Basque, state (Confederation of Funds) and international (PLATFORMA) levels
- Information and advice to local corporations on international cooperation
- Support for local development processes in Central America (Nicaragua, Guatemala, Costa Rica and El Salvador) and Cuba
- Humanitarian and solidarity support to the Saharawi People
- Dissemination and social awareness activities promoted by Basque agents Within the framework of (H) abian –Education Strategy for Social Transformation
In budgetary terms, €2,250,387.35 have been allocated to the execution of projects and programs in these countries, as a result of the joint effort of the Basque local entities, the Basque Agency for Development Cooperation, the three Provincial Councils and various entities Europeans who have entrusted the management of their development cooperation items to the Association.
The added value of this cooperation modality stands out as the participation of technical resources – municipal services and external collaborators – in consultancy, evaluation and monitoring of projects.
The initiatives promoted in defense of international cooperation and solidarity have been presented as a commitment by Basque institutions to overcome the current challenge in the context of the COVID-19 crisis.
Likewise, the strategic lines for the period 2020-2023 and the general budget for the current financial year 2020 have been approved, for an amount of € 2,321,905.25 intended for investment in cooperation and education actions for social transformation.