UN High Level Political Forum 2022
The meeting of the HLPF in 2022 will be held from Tuesday 5 July to Thursday 7 July, and from Monday 11 July to Friday 15 July 2022, under the auspices of the Economic and Social Council. This includes the three-day ministerial segment of the forum from Wednesday 13 July to Friday 15 July 2022. The high-level segment of the Council will conclude with a final day on Monday 18 July 2022.
The theme for the 2022 HLPF is “Building back better from the coronavirus disease (COVID-19) while advancing the full implementation of the 2030 Agenda for Sustainable Development”.
CEMR/PLATFORMA main activities:
- 07 July, online: Day 1 | Fifth Local and Regional Governments Forum on the 2030 Agenda (watch recording)
- 11 July, 10.00-11.30 EST (16.00-17.30 CEST): Side event ghosted by FEMP-UCLG-Instituto Cervantes (in English/Spanish): “Challenges of decentralized cooperation for the construction of new multi-stakeholder and multi-level global alliances for the acceleration of the localization of the 2030 Agenda”
- 11 July, 13.00-14:30 EST (19.00-20.30 CEST): Local and Regional Governments Day – LAMB side event on “Bolstering multilevel governance, policy coordination, and innovative actions to achieve the Sustainable Development Goals from the ground up”
- 12 July, 7.30-9.00 EST (13.30-15.00 CEST): AICCRE side event, Building Back Better by deepening the integration of the SDGs in national and local planning processes: effective multilevel governance and the role of VLRs in supporting local authorities”.
- 12 July, 15.00-18.00 EST (21.00-24.00 CEST): Day 2 | Fifth Local and Regional Governments Forum on the 2030 Agenda – Fostering the achievement of the Sustainable Development Goals from the ground up towards the 2023 SDG Summit, Special High-Level Event, UNOQ (Conference Room 2)
- 13 July, 15:00-15:45 EST (21.00-21.45 CEST): EU delegation – CEMR/PLATFORMA elected representatives, “Implementation of the Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) at the local level”