International Training Week of Sites & Cités remarquables de France
Sites & Cités remarquables, in partnership with the Ministry of Europe and Foreign Affairs, the Ministry of Culture, with the support of the City of Bordeaux, will organise: The International Training Week of Sites & Cités remarquables de France on the theme “Heritage, tourism and local development”.
Indoor workshops and field visits will provide concrete and comprehensive training on the following themes :
- Hosting and developing the heritage tourism offer
- Implementing and reinforcing strategies for the promotion of heritage
- Federating actors, initiatives and networks in favor of heritage tourism
- To inscribe heritage as a lever for local development
Objectives of the International Training Week
The Week is intended for international project managers and local decision-makers working in the field of heritage, architecture, culture, tourism or sustainable development. The departments of the cities members of the network can be free listeners and participate in the Week, within the limits of the available places.
The objectives of this international meeting are:
- to exchange skills and experiences developed by French and foreign communities in the field of heritage and old town centers as a driver of sustainable development;
- to train professionals in the implementation of transversal projects aiming at the rehabilitation of urban or rural sites, to propose innovative experiences that can inspire projects in partner countries;
- to promote decentralised cooperation projects between French local authorities and those of the participating countries.
Organised in a hybrid format, in situ and online, the International Training Week will take place in Bordeaux, for 15 participants – French or English speaking – and a simultaneous broadcast will be provided by the Zoom platform for the workshops of the Wednesday, 17, Thursday 18 and Friday 19 of November.
- In situ: Those wishing to take part in the International Training Week in Bordeaux should send to Sites & Cités remarquable their resume as well as a letter motivating their wish to participate in the training, before October 1, 2021, to email@example.com.
- Online: Those who wish to participate in the International Training Week online, for the workshops of the Wednesday, 17, Thursday 18 and Friday 19 of November, should register at the following address, before November 8, 2021 at firstname.lastname@example.org.
More information on www.sites-cites.fr