PLATFORMA’s Webinar #3: Aid effectiveness: what role for local and regional governments?
After a presentation of the recent European Parliament’s report on aid effectiveness, PLATFORMA’s webinar
#3 aims at tackling the challenges linked to the localisation of EU support, in order to ensure positive impacts
of EU development policy in partner countries.
20 May 2020 – 10:30-12:00 CEST
- Introduction by PLATFORMA
Frédéric Vallier, Secretary General of CEMR
Marlène Siméon, Director of PLATFORMA
- The European Parliament 2020 Report on Aid Effectiveness
Member of the European Parliament Tomas Tobé, Chair of the Committee on Development (DEVE)
- Trickling down aid effectiveness: ensuring a multilevel and tailor-made approach – 10
Laurent Sarazin, Head of A2 Unit – Development Financing Effectiveness, Relations with
Member States, DG Development Cooperation, European Commission
- Decentralised Development Co-operation – Emerging Trends in COVID Emergency and Recovery Response
Rachel Morris, Policy Analyst, DCD/FSD Financing Sustainable Development, Organisation
for Economic Cooperation & Development
- Local governance & Aid effectiveness: PLATFORMA’s partners
Jessie Post, Policy Advisor, VNG International – coordination of UCLG/Capacity and Institution Building working group
Javier Sanchez Cano, DG Development Cooperation, Generalitat de Catalunya
Jean-Baptiste Buffet, Head of Global Policy and Advocacy, UCLG
- Questions and answers
Check the full agenda.
There is a limited number of place, so register in advance. Translation English/French will be provided.
Do not hesitate to contact Amandine for further details.