15 July 2020
PLATFORMA’s webinar #5 – Localising the Sustainable Development Goals
PLATFORMA’s webinar #5 will take place on 15 July on the localisation of the Sustainable Development Goals, where we will also touch upon the consequences of the COVID-19 on SDG localisation at EU and global level.
This webinar will also be the occasion for PLATFORMA and CEMR to launch the 2020 publication on “The 2030 Agenda through the eyes of local and regional governments’ associations”.
- Introduction by Marlène Siméon, Director of PLATFORMA
- Stephanie Rambler, Sustainable Development Officer at United Nations Department of Economic and Social Affairs (UN DESA)
- Paolo Ciccarelli, Head of the European Commission DG DEVCO’s Unit on Cities, Local Authorities, Digitalisation, Infrastructures (C.5)
The perspective of the European Commission’s Directorate-General for International Cooperation and Development (DG DEVCO) – EU development policy, policy coherence and SDG financing
- Edgardo Bilsky, Director of programs and research at United Cities and Local Governments (UCLG) – presentation of the global report to the High-Level Political Forum: the global perspective of local and regional governments
- Showcasing examples from local and regional governments – how is decentralised cooperation evolving?
- COVID-19 recovery based on SDGs by Wobine Buijs-Glaudemans Mayor of Oss, Representing the International Cooperation Agency of the Association of Netherlands Municipalities (VNG International).
- The importance of development education and awareness raising in achieving the SDGs by Tine Soens, Member of City Council of Kortrijk, Belgium, Member of the Association of Flemish Cities and Municipalities (VVSG) political commission on international affairs, PLATFORMA and CEMR Spokesperson for the 2030 Agenda.
- The role of national associations in achieving the SDGs by Milena Radomirovic, Programme Director for Planning System and Public Finance at the Standing Conference of Towns and Municipalities in Serbia.
- The important role of Local and regional governments to help safeguard policy coherence for development to achieve the 2030 Agenda by Carlos Martinez Minguez, Mayor of Soria, CEMR Spokesperson for the 2030 Agenda, representative of the Spanish Federation of Municipalities and Provinces (FEMP).
- The role of decentralised cooperation in achieving the SDGs – Cités Unies France (tbc)
Moderation by Sarah Bentz, Policy Officer for Sustainable Development Goals at PLATFORMA – CEMR
Add to your calendar 2020-07-15 2020-07-15 Europe/Brussels PLATFORMA’s webinar #5 – Localising the Sustainable Development Goals Online