Looking for a communication or policy internship?
PLATFORMA is looking for two interns! One in communication, the second one in policy. Both interns will help in raising the profile of decentralised cooperation! Applications until 12 December.
Press and communication internship (EN/FR)
Work with and provide support to the Press & Communication Officer mostly in contributing to press releases, website news, newsletter (writing as translating), supporting social media accounts management (especially Twitter, YouTube & Flickr), helping in the development of PLATFORMA new website, supporting the organisation of events, ensuring contacts with PLATFORMA members or contractors (mainly communication agencies)…
Skills & Competencies
- Native level of French or English with excellent knowledge of the other language (oral and written)
- Journalistic writing skills
- Experienced with social media
- Ideally previous experience of website management (CMS)
- Ideally some knowledge of Photoshop, In-design…
- Knowledge of other European languages is a plus, especially Spanish
Support two colleagues who intensively monitor European Development Policy, facilitate exchanges and guarantee visibility of the PLATFORMA network. The intern will also work with other colleagues in the secretariat, he/she will work under the supervision of the PLATFORMA Director – Policy.
Skills and qualifications
- Knowledge of EU institutions, current affairs and international development cooperation;
- An understanding and sensitivity to development cooperation;
- Ability to use IT tools and software such as Word, Excel;
- Native level of French or English with excellent knowledge of the other language. Knowledge of other European languages is a plus;
- Excellent writing skills;
- Ability to organise your work to contribute to the monitoring and administration of PLATFORMA’s work;
- Ability to work effectively as a team member in a multicultural and multilingual environment
- Start of the traineeship: as soon as possible from 15 January 2017 onwards;
- Not remunerated; PLATFORMA will pay €8 per working day for meals and the public transport commuting within Brussels costs upon presentation of the STIB/SNCB card;
- 38 hours per week
- 3-month traineeship minimum
The candidate must be a student in a European university/school and able to set up a trainee agreement between him/herself, the university and the Council of European Municipal and Regions (CEMR), which hosts the Secretariat of PLATFORMA.
How to apply
- Please send a cover letter and CV (one written in English, the other in French), stating why you are interested in this position and what you can bring to the work of PLATFORMA in the areas mentioned above.
- Please send your application by email to email@example.com