Webinar | COVID-19 & the future of development cooperation, by the Government of Catalonia
‘COVID-19 and the future of development cooperation’ webinar; the last one of the series ‘COVID-19 and cooperation’
21 July, 17.00-18.30 CEST
REGISTER AT: bit.ly/covidCooperacio
The event will provide simultaneous interpretation in English and Spanish.
Join us to discuss:
- How development cooperation has responded to the pandemic
- What changes are needed in this public policy to address the crisis of the global development model
- How to overcome the outdated dichotomy North-South in favour of a vision of global challenges and shared responsibilities
Opening and closing remarks:
- Victòria Alsina, Minister for Foreign Action and Open Government , Government of Catalonia
- Josep Desquens , Director General of Development Cooperation , Government of Catalonia
- Jonathan Glennie, Policy adviser, practitioner, researcher, and writer on international development
- Sarah Sabin Khan, Research Officer at the United Nations Development Programme country office in Bangladesh
- Ignacio Martínez, Doctor of Development Studies and professor in the Department of Political Sciences at Complutense University of Madrid
- Krystel Montpetit, Foresight Team Lead at the OECD’s Development Co operation Directorate
The current crisis is expected to have a far-reaching and long-term humanitarian and socioeconomic impact. However, we have the opportunity to rethink and reformulate norms and policies for a social and economic recovery with a human rights-based approach to build a greener, healthier and more equitable world that leaves no one behind.
With the aim of facilitating a debate on these issues and making proposals for development cooperation policies to strengthen international cooperation, the Government of Catalonia, through the Directorate General for Development Cooperation, is organizing this webinar.