It’s time to discover the 8 projects shortlisted for the PLATFORMAwards!
For the third time, the PLATFORMAwards will put under the spotlights the best practices in city-to-city and region-to-region development cooperation. Between 16 May and 31 July, 18 applications have been submitted by local and regional governments, coming from 7 EU Member States and 10 partner countries. Out of a selection of 8 shortlisted projects, the jury will decide on the 3 finalists who will receive their trophies at the ceremony in Grenoble (France) on 6 December.
The Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) are a blueprint to achieve a better and more sustainable future for all, and local and regional governments have a keep role to play in their implementation. Therefore, the 3rd edition of the PLATFORMAwards will highlight the implementation of the Global Goals by cities and regions.
Discover the eight shortlisted applications (sorted by alphabetical order):
[Two new links added everyday as off 24/10/2022]
- Anderlecht (Belgium)-Marsassoum (Senegal) | Federal Programme for Municipal International Cooperation
- Barcelona (Spain)-Montevideo (Uruguay) | Raising awareness on the 2030 Agenda at the territorial level for the localisation of the SDGs
- Berchem-Sainte-Agathe (Belgium)-Grand-Dakar (Senegal) | Working together to strengthen the development capacities of the local actors and cooperating for a better quality of life for inhabitants
- Bordeaux (France)-Lima (Peru) | Participatory design of public space in Bordeaux and Lima
- Gersthofen (Germany)- Baringo County (Kenya) | Municipal climate partnership with a focus on water
- Haskovo (Bulgaria)-Douala 1st district (Cameroon) | Unesco heritage for sustainable cities
- Vallès Occidental (Spain)-Missirah (Senegal) | Before eating, I wash my hands
- Zaragoza (Spain)-Ouonck (Senegal) | Rehabilitation of infrastructres and strengthening of the economic activity of spirulina production in Ouonck
This year, the jury of the PLATFORMAwards is composed by:
- Pierrette HERZBERGER-FOFANA, First Vice-Chair of the European Parliament’s Committee on Development (DEVE)
- Pilar DIAZ ROMERO, Mayoress of Esplugues de Llobregat, and Deputy to the Presidency, Delegate for International Relations, Diputació de Barcelona (Spain)
- Emmanuel CARROZ, Deputy-Mayor for International Cooperation & Europe, City of Grenoble (France)
- Gertrude Nadia Sèna DOSSA, Mayor of the 2nd District of Porto Novo (Benin), United Cities Local Governments Africa
- Alessandro DA ROLD, Managing director, EU40 (Network of Young MEPs)
- Lorenzo KIHLGREN GRANDI, Director, City Diplomacy Lab at Columbia Global Centers | Paris
- Fabrizio Rossi, CEMR Secretary General, chair of the jury
Register to the ceremony on 6 December 18.30-19.15 in Grenoble (France), followed by a cocktail reception. The ceremony is taking place in the framework of the conference “48 hours of inclusive ecological transition” co-organised by the city of Grenoble and the Council of European Municipalities and Regions (CEMR). In 2022, the city of Grenoble is European Green Capital.