Join the towns and regions in development cooperation!
Europe’s towns and regions are active in development cooperation establishing partnerships with their counterparts on other continents on issues such as climate change, gender equality, good governance, health, transport, education…
PLATFORMA is their Brussels-based umbrella organisation; it endeavours to facilitate exchanges of information among local and regional governments, to coordinate their advocacy efforts as well as to promote decentralised cooperation among major stakeholders such as the European Parliament, the European Commission, NGOs and other associations active in development cooperation.
As PLATFORMA’s Policy officer you will be part of a small team of dedicated and enthusiastic people for whom town to town development cooperation is the more efficient way to reach the world’s sustainable development goals.
Qualifications and experience
- 3 to 5 years work experience in a similar position (advocacy, EU-context and/or network organization, …) is required;
- Strong interest in sustainable development and international cooperation: experience and/or thorough knowledge of recent evolutions on international development policy;
- Good knowledge of the European Union, its institutions and their functioning;
- Mother tongue level, written and oral, English and French, other languages are an asset.
How to apply for this position
In order to apply for either position, please send us, no later than 3 January 2017, the following:
- A cover letter (maximum two pages), in English or French, explaining why you are interested in this position, how you correspond to the skills and competences required, and if appointed, what would be your personal contribution to the position and team.
- A curriculum vitae, in English or French, including employment history (with net salary), secondary/higher education, professional qualifications, any additional training or volunteer work and the contact details of two references.