Which role for local and regional governments in Habitat III process?
The role of towns and regions in the consultation process of Habitat III should be strengthened, will argue participants to a seminar co-organised by CEMR, PLATFORMA and the European Parliament URBAN Intergroup on 21 June in Brussels.
- The challenges for towns and regions in the implementation process of Habitat III
- The Zero Draft of the New Urban Agenda (CEMR and PLATFORMA have already published an initial response)
- The EU’s position for Habitat III (PLATFORMA has also published a reaction to the Council of the EU conclusions on the basis of its April Declaration on the Habitat III process)
- Jan Olbrycht MEP (EPP, Poland), President of the URBAN Intergroup
- Frédéric Vallier, CEMR Secretary General
- Tobias Kettner, Outreach and Liaison Officer in Europe of Habitat III Secretariat
- Elena Szolgayová, Slovak Presidency of the Council of the EU
- Judith Torokne Rozsa, Head of Unit, Competence Centre Inclusive Growth, Urban and Territorial Development, DG REGIO, European Commission
- Stefano Bonaccini (tbc), President of Emilia-Romagna Region in Italy
- Hubert Julien-Laferrière, Mayor of the 9th district of Lyon (France) representing United Cities and Local Governments (UCLG)
- Deepali Sood, Director of Partnerships, Europe, Middle East and Africa, HABITAT for Humanity International