Looking for partners for the European Commission call on city-to-city partnerships?
[updated on 3 & 8 April: Ukraine & Morocco added]
PLATFORMA has received several requests for partnerships from cities around the world that want to team up and apply to the European Commission call for proposals “Local Authorities: Partnerships for sustainable cities” 2020. Interested? Don’t waste time and contact them: the deadline to apply is 14 April at 4.00 pm (Brussels date and time).
The objective of this call for proposals is to promote integrated urban development through partnerships built between local and regional governments from EU Member States and partner countries’ ones, in accordance with the 2030 Agenda on sustainable development.
- Morocco: UCLG Africa is looking for a city or association in the EU to back its project on urban governance in Rabat. Please contact Najat Zarrouk firstname.lastname@example.org
- Ukraine: the city of Poltava is looking for a partner city in the EU to apply to DEVCO’s call. This city with almost 300,000 inhabitants wants to become more sustainable by improving and promoting its cycling and bicycle infrastructures. More information here. Please contact email@example.com who will put you in contact with GIZ Germany.
- Tunisia: our partner Fons Mallorquí de Solidaritat i Cooperacio is looking for a European municipality up to 150.000 inhabitants to jointly apply to DEVCO’s call. The aim is to improve an existing partnership with Tunisian municipalities. ALDA, the European Association for Local Democracy, will support this consortium as technical support and will provide external expertise. Please contact Vanesa Corrales Argumanez firstname.lastname@example.org
- Cameroon: the city of Datcheka, Mayo-Danay Division in Farth North Region, is looking for a European partner. Please contact Pascal Moudi Igri by e-mail email@example.com or via Skype igripascal
- Namibia: the association for Local Authorities in Namibia (ALAN) is looking for a European partner. Please contact Maureen Kambala firstname.lastname@example.org
- Philippines: UCLG-Aspac is looking for a partner in the EU for the IRIGA Project: the overall objective is to transform the 36 villages of Iriga City into inclusive, safe, resilient, and sustainable communities. Discover more and contact UCLG-Aspac.
- Sub-saharan Africa: an intercommunal initiative from Cameroun (10 municipalities), Mauritania (3 municipalities), Ivory Coast (Cocody) and Senegal (Bambey) is looking for one or several European partners to apply. Please contact JJ Belinga email@example.com from Yahoundé 4.
Need more info?
All information on the call for proposals “Local Authorities: Partnerships for sustainable cities 2020” are available on EuropeAid website.