PLATFORMA speaks at Committee 21 annual Forum
The French “Committee 21” invited PLATFORMA & CEMR to speak at their our Annual Forum on European Ecological Citizenship on Friday 12 April in Paris. PLATFORMA & CEMR were represented by Evelyne Huytebroeck, Member of the Brussels’ Parliament (Greens).
This Forum was organized in partnership with the OECD, the European Economic and Social Committee, the Ministry of Ecological and Solidarity Transition among others.
Ms Huytebroeck was speaking on the theme “Can the 2030 Agenda provide the foundation for the renewal of Europe for the 21st century?” Her key messages were:
- the responsibility of local governments in the localization of SDGs
- the need to involve citizens as indicated in the 2030 Agenda
- the need for adaptation programs on climate change
- the strength of networks which are nowaday fundamental actors for a common action within Europe (for exchanges of good practices, mutualization of experiences, closeness to citizens…)
- the need for a new governance model (more transparent, more direct, clearer, more participative) with a decision-making process based on a dialogue between the levels of power and between citizens and elected officials
She also insisted that these actions require the appropriate financial and human resources for which a multi level governance collaboration is of extreme need.